Wagtailtrans 0.1 release notes¶
Since this is the first final release, all features are new.
- Implement models following Wagtail RFC9 by Tim Heap
- Force language of child pages to language of parent
- Support storing of translated pages
- Support copying content of canonical pages when creating translations
- Add translation information to the
- Add dropdown page menu for adding translations
- Add Language admin-UI in settings-menu
WAGTAILTRANS_SYNC_TREEsetting to control which way trees behave
WAGTAILTRANS_TEMPLATE_DIRto override the admin template dir (pre Wagtail 1.8)
WAGTAILTRANS_LANGUAGES_PER_SITEsetting to allow different page languages per site
- Add SiteLanguages as SiteSetting in settings-menu (
wagtailtrans.models.TranslatablePage.get_admin_display_titleto display the page language in the admin explorer (Wagtail 1.8+)
In the progress of creating this release, we found out that some earlier design choices needed to be reworked in order to have a good maintainable package.
0.1.0b4 the method
TranslatablePage.get_translations implemented a
kwarg to include itself in the QuerySet of translated pages. Since this isn’t used within the wagtailtrans codebase we removed it because keeping it there made the codebase better maintainable.
As of wagtailtrans 0.1 we’ve refactored the
TranslatablePage model to have a custom parent_link, this way it’s easier to migrate any existing Wagtail site for use with wagtailtrans. This is done by inheriting from
Page for implementations of pages.
As for migrating, this is sadly not possible without some custom migrations, a way to do this is documented here: Migrate your existing Wagtail site